ARCHBISHOP SUMNER PRIMARY SCHOOL
The ABS Home-School agreement supports the partnership between parents/carers, pupils, and the school staff to ensure that every child reaches their potential.
Our mission is to serve our community in all its diversity, providing each unique child in our school with an outstanding education in a safe environment where they can learn and thrive. We equip children with the skills and knowledge they need to reach their full potential and to leave our school with confidence and hope.
OUR VALUES ARE
B - Believe
CHILD'S NAME __________________________
- Ensure that home learning is complete and encourage your child to achieve learning targets.
- Read regularly with your child and make sure s/he brings their reading book to school daily.
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour.
- Ensure your child wears the correct school uniform and brings their PE kit/swimming kit when required.
- Make sure your child attends school regularly, arrives promptly by 8.55 am and is collected by 3.30 pm or at the end of after school clubs.
- Avoid absence during term time.
- Inform the school of your child’s absence at the earliest opportunity.
- Follow the Complaints Procedure if required.
- Show respect for staff, children and other parents and carers.
- Show commitment to your child’s education by attending open evenings, assemblies and other school events.
- Read and respond to all school correspondence.
- Support the school’s policies on mobile phones and internet access.
- Monitor your child/ren’s use of the internet and report any activity you are not comfortable with to classteachers.
- Use social media relating to the school responsibly, including WhatsApp, and not post any harmful, derogatory or defamatory content.
- Keep the school informed of any changes of address, telephone numbers and circumstances such as illness in the family.
Arrive on time for school every day.
- Take responsibility for your learning and understand that making mistakes is an important part of the learning process.
- Do your best at all times.
- Show respect, be kind and care for others.
- Tell an adult if you are unhappy, hurt or feeling ill.
- Complete home learning and read every day.
- Look after the school building and equipment.
- Respect others’ opinions and feelings even if they are different to your own.
PARENT/CARER’S SIGNATURE _______________________ CHILD’S SIGNATURE ________________________________