THE BRIXTON LEARNING COLLABORATIVE
The Brixton Learning Collaborative Head Teacher and Steering Group have been working together to support the membership school, staff and pupils in the development of the belief that working together all have a greater chance to learn and improve.
To this end groups of teacher, head teachers and support staff meet together to share good practice in a supportive and collegiate way and present findings to the Head Teacher group.
EXAMPLES OF GROUPS WHICH HAVE MET AND IMPACTED SO FAR ARE
- Writing moderation in different year groups, particularly helpful in the light of the new curriculum and assessment.
- An Early Year’s group which examines good practice for Reception and Nursery children, assisting with the baseline assessment and on-going assessment, as well as other aspects of the curriculum including music.
- School marking practices including sharing how high ability children are challenged with appropriate questioning.
- A SENCo group which looks deeply into the needs of children with special needs and appropriate interventions to support them, as well and sharing EHCP plans in the light of the new statutory requirements.
- Head teachers visiting other schools as a critical friend to develop insight into their own leadership and management feeding back honestly and opening to the schools.
For the future it is hoped
- There will be more cluster opportunities for children possibly developing pupil voice through school councils, debating etc
- There will be other curriculum group developments such as ICT, sport, music and drama