WHO ARE THE GOVERNORS?
School governors are volunteers and come from all sections of the community and all walks of life.
The governing body of Archbishop Sumner School is made up of people nominated by North Lambeth Parish (PCC governors), the Diocese of Southwark, parents of children in the school, the Local Authority (Lambeth Council) and school staff.
Foundation Parochial Church Council (PCC) Governors
- Rev Angus Aagaard - Team Rector of North Lambeth parish
- Michael Medvei
- Simon Gibbs
- Adam Matthews (Chair of Governors)
- Frank Roberts
- Matt Beale
- Foundation Southwark Diocese Board of Education Governors
- Akiebel Grant - Chair of the Admissions Committee
- Lisa Mulley- Vice Chair of Governors
- Rebecca Asher - Chair of the Expansion Working Group
- Cordelia Galloway- Chair of the Pupils, Parents and Community Committee
- Fikre Solomon
Local Authority Governors
- Vacant x 2
- Malachi Gowie - PE teacher and learning mentor
- Ursula Ovenden - Headteacher
- Rebecca Asher
- Cordelia Galloway
- Solomon Fikre
- Co-opted Governors
- Some committees have co-opted governors. These are people appointed by the governing body to bring specific expertise and experience to a committee or working group.
- Rev Alison Kennedy (Parents, Pupils and Community Committee)
- Jan Nicholson (Resources Committee)
- Rodney Ovenden (Expansion Working Group)
You can contact the governors by emailing email@example.com or speaking to any governor that you see in the school.